Thursday, October 13, 2005

Go Spurs Go!!!

The first time I heard of this San Antonio, was in early 2004, when a friend of mine came to me with all enthu, told me that the Spurs had won the NBA. Now, I ain't a fan of NBA, or for that matter, any of the crazy Amru games. The only Spurs I knew, at that time, were a football club from Tottenham UK, and I was kinda confused as to why and how would they play the NBA and the EPL at the same time.

After further prodding, I gathered that the Spurs were a team from San Antonio in Texas, and they had recently started ascending great heights in the basketball world. So, I got to know about the term San Antonio Spurs. Now, I was more familiar with that term, so when my manager informed that I have to be at San Antonio, I could not make the connection. I thought I now not only knew one more place in the US, but the place was gonna become blessed enough to play host to me. Only when I got here, and I saw all the paraphernalia regarding the Spurs, did the nickel drop in.

In the office where I am, every alternate desk has a Spurs logo popping out. There have been instances of 3-4 official documents, where I have seen a footer saying "Go Spurs Go!!". So, all this has me in intrigue, and during my stay here, I have decided to go and watch a home game sometime, even if my understanding and knowledge of basketball doesn't go anymore than terms like slam-dunk, 3-pointer and pom-poms!! :)

Life here is okish. For the first time, I am left at the mercy of the elements and I have to take care of meself(and my room mate too, at times). It is an interesting experience, trying to decide what is going to be my next meal, and how bad its going to be. So far, I have made dal, sambar, deep fried potatoes and Rajma in the increasing order of favourable taste-bud reactions.

Food apart, I have had some irritating and good experiences, but it would take a long time to publish all of them here at one go. So let me use the next few blogs to go through all of them.

By the way, anyone care to explain this "tag" thingie to me?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.weloveiipm.blogspot.com

10:29 PM  
Blogger RT said...

haha.. these iipm suckers are doing rounds everywhere..:)
and yay.. for the comeback and a bigger yay for a new template.
And what have you been tagged to do anyway?
why dont I tag you to publish a short story in 55 words?

11:29 PM  
Blogger Avi said...

Rt: I hvn't been tagged, but saw the term being used in some of the logs, including yours. So was wondering what it is...

Anon: U may love IIPM, but i dont even know what it is!! :P.. so my heart doesn't bleed for you

1:51 PM  
Blogger Adarsh Sridhar said...

Howdy, how's life at Texas ? The SuperSonics can take on the Spurs anytime !

Go SuperSonics Go !

PS: I'm in a worse state than you are, tines... I had to search for the Seattle Basketball team name !

9:12 AM  
Blogger Natho47 said...

hello saludos de chile

7:09 PM  
Blogger Chatter Box said...

Hey dude, Hope the going is good. There is this whole tag thing going around and you are tagged. So pliss to visit my blog and then figure the whole thing.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home