Monday, November 22, 2004

What is worse?? Hydrochloric Acid or HCL??

3 weeks since I have stepped into HCL Tech. One thing I realised here is that the name for the company, HCL, is very appropriate mainly because, considering what I have gone through so far, I am sure employees suffer a quick burnout.

Let me give you a brief synopsis of my day here:
Between 8a.m and 9:30 am
1) Wake up
2) Call taxi
3) Have breakfast
4) Embark on journey to Tidel Park

9:30 am to 1:00pm
1) Go to training room
2) Check if comp is booting up (it doesn't)
3) Search for technician (he is never there)
4) Go to library
5) Use comp there.. (Check mails, score, news, score, mails: Infact i can give u the correct co-ordinates of the refresh folder list link in our webmail client)
6) If enthu.exists(true), then go through the HCL Intranet (Sometimes there is something interesting there, in a forum called Masala Board)
7) Go to food court.

1:00pm to 5:30pm
For points 1-6 please refer to the points 1-6 in the 9:30pm to 1:00pm section
7) Call cab.
8) Head home

I am sure, the HCL at the base of my esophagus has more fun than I have in HCL!! :(

3 Comments:

Blogger Somu said...

probably to add a silver lining to the cloud, u could narrate about the lunch that you get to have. Guess its better than what we get here?? :-D

2:58 AM  
Blogger Srinivas said...

I think the best way to pass time there is to say OH! That may neutralise HCL ;-)

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey avi, anita here. Came to your blog thru rt's. I have just switched jobs and getting bored to death....your HCL story sums it all for me :-(

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home