Monday, March 15, 2004

Karachi One Dayer



The 13th of March 2004 would well go down in history as probably one of those great days in the Wisden's cricketing calendar. I have seen all sorts of adjectives describing the Indo-Pak clash: humdinger, nailbiting, amazing, waddagame etc etc.,
Today, I decided to put myself in the shoes of some certain popular people, and see how they woulda reacted to the game.

1) Atalji Behariji Vajpayee: Aaj ke        is Bharat Pakistan ke           cricket pratiyogita mein              jo Bharath          ka pradarshan raha hai          woh ati prashansa yogya hai        Bharat       ke      is      prashansaneeya jeet      se humein zaroor umeed hai      ki BAJPA        ko      aur      seetein      milengi.

2) Soniaji Gandhiji: Si Signor, My son, daughter and son-in-law, cheered so effectively, that Nehra sent a wonderful last over!! Infact Nehra is related to me (Nehru, Nehra)!! I will send my son and daughter to India games so that they keep winning. mamma mia!!!

3) Ravi Shastri and Wasim Akram: Ladies and gentleman, I am Shaz and he is Waz. We have with us here, the glorious, beautiful Kristine Ahuja, who is going to analyze her statistics.... er... her version of the statistics of this match. Hi Kristine.
KA: Hi Shaz, Hi waz, may I tell you that that u guys are awesome. I find Imran Nazir very cute. Pity he dint score too much. I find Laxman great too... and loved his innings.
Waz: Er.. Kristine... they dint play the game... but u r right.. they played great!
KA: Waz, have you taken more wickets than that awesomely cute Irfan Khan, what a last over he bowled today!!!!..............

4) Navjot Singh Sidhu: Well my dear friends.. we had a thriller of a match. My nails are as small as the cheek cells we see in biology lab slides. India hit the Pakis like salman Khan hit Shakti Kapoor in Andaaz Apna Apna. The Pakistanis, led by their captain, like Osama Bin Laden leading the Al Qaeda, put up a brave fight, like Duryodhana fighting Bheema, but despite the Lord Miandad giving them tips, could not deliver the final killing blow like the tired blacksmith who is ust one blow away from finishing the smelting. The Pakistanis would have felt like the woman who is about to orgasm, but then sees that her partner has already orgasmed! ;)

5) K. Srikkanth: Shoaib AKhtar is only a paper tiger. Arre mein bolta hai.. Miandad haath hilane ko kaafi hai.... aur Inzamam-Haq.. achcha batsman tho hai par har match pe khelne ko nahi sakta. Let me tell you one thing Charu, India har match mein 350 maarega... aur all matches mein closely jeetega....

6) Chris McDonald (TEN Sports CEO): I won't give Doordarshan any rights to cover the match unless they give me $100 mn, and put the TEN Sports Logo and show our ads! We paid millions of dollars to the PCB and we want to earn back every cent of it, whatever gives. Was it a great game? In what sense? I dint watch it!!

7) K S Sarma (Prasar Bharati chief executive) I won a moral victory in the court. I am going to show the Karachi ODI, the Rawalpindi ODI etc without paying a paisa. I am pleased with my devotion to the nation. Maybe Vajpayee or Soniaji might let me fight the elections. Great Game? Which one? India beat Pakistan.. that is too good yaar!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home